Why don’t Cricketers shave these days … and you, their fans ?
Have you closely watched these IPL cricketers these days ? They are having at best, a 3 days working week for the past few weeks. Even in this 3 day working week, at best they work for about 3 and half hours, each on those days.
Yet, when you observe their faces, you will think, they have worked day and night ! After all that hard work, sweat and toil on the field ..Don’t have any time to even shave, work that takes less than 30 seconds!.
What is it that has come over all these young and dashing cricketers, film stars and other famous personalities? For a change, I can’t fault the politicians. They shave ! even if they cannot run our country.
FANS . Wake up. Tell all your favourite STARS , that they look “terrible” when they don’t shave and with all those close ups being beamed across the world, especially when they fail so miserably, the minimum you expect them is to have a cleanly shaven face , for the crores they are earning walking up and down from the pavilion! That might add a few more fans, especially ladies and a few more advertisement opportunities if they shave ! Ladies loved cleanly and regularly shaved men. Ask them
But, all this is not the main point of this blog. It is for the Sales people like you and me, in various jobs, stores and in the field, especially those youngsters who think they are “HEROES” in their own right. Please note, none of your customers would like dealing with unkemptly dressed Sales people, who don’t know how to dress for their own benefit !
Dress Sense, starting from the top ! -
1. The hair style should suit your personality, hair should not be hanging all over your ears and the side burns should be adequately trimmed. Depending upon the brand you sell ( youth brands -, spiked hair, gelled hair style might be ok. Otherwise , not ok. Moustaches, beards are all in keeping with the brand that you represent
2. The spectacles that you wear, should not be having peeled paint, broken or tilted to a side . It should not be too big or too small. Get a good brand .
3. The shirt should be clean, neatly pressed and edges like the collar, cuff should be clean. No pen marks should be seen on the shirt pocket.
4. Tie. Learn to tie the knot properly, and if you don’t know how, please go to a suit store to learn.
5. The Belt should be of adequate size and length. Not hanging out . The color should match the shoes.
6. The Pants should be fitting right and please leave all your personal belongings in the bag or in the locker room.
7. Socks should be black and not falling all over the shoe
8. Shoes should be the standard formal wear ( Oxford type ). Not those that look like boats ! or those worn by some Emperor some centuries back. And always polished to a shine.
9. The watch should match the dress . Sports watches are meant for sport store work wear . Formal watch, if it is a formal brand you sell.
10. Religious symbols, tattoos, bracelets etc. It is better they are kept hidden within the shirt.
11. Finger ring . Only one, which is worn on the wedding finger of the left hand and preferably plain or with a single stone) is best .
12. Body odour ( sweat or smoke ) are strictly prohibited. “kumKum” on men’s forehead. Please, religion is all fine , but can you leave that “kumkum/ bindi” to the ladies ! These days, even they don’t want to wear “bindi”. Then why are you wearing it ?
If you follow the above, you will actually do much better sales than those days, when you did not follow the above. Want to check and challenge yourself ?
And if your excuse, is that you did not know all these before, you now know. Will you follow it from now onwards ?
More such advice and guidance at
Also on FB,Twitter, LinkedIn.
Ph. 090 360 365 24